Call for Panelists:
Council For European Studies 27th International Conference of Europeanists
Europe’s Past, Present, And Future: Utopia’s and Dystopia’s
Reykjavik, Iceland, June 22-24, 2020
The Race, Religion and Secularism network is calling for papers for a mini-symposium consisting of 3 sessions around the shared theme of Race, Religion and Secularism at the 2020 International Conference of Europeanists
- Panel 1: Questions of the secular/secularism in relation to religion/ theology and race
- Panel 2: Connecting debates on race, religion and secularism to sexuality/gender
- Panel 3: Connections between different forms of religious-based racism in Europe (e.g. antisemitism, islamophobia, and antizyganism)
- In order to participate in one or more of these panels, please submit a paper abstract related to one of the above topics.
- The abstract should be no longer than 250 words.
- Please also provide us with author information, including name, institutional affiliation, rank and e-mail address.
- You may participate in more than one panel as a discussant or chair.
- However, you may not present more than two papers during the conference.
In case you are interested in participating, please send an e-mail with your abstract to email@example.com by October 13 and specify which of the session topic(s) has/have your preference and whether you would be interested in being a chair for one of the sessions.
Note: For scholars without funding we will do our best to reduce costs